Mastermix Label Manager Richard Lee picks out a selection of Classic Cuts albums that feature unique versions of well known tracks…
Classic Cuts are, for many DJs, an essential music collection that they use on a regular basis. The collection offers a healthy balance of classic mobile DJ hits, floorfilling anthems and hard to find gems…all of which make up one of the most comprehensive DJ only music libraries available.
As a professional DJ I am constantly researching new music concepts to offer my clients. When I am asked to provide my services for a wedding for example, it is often for all parts of their event and that is where a little extra music knowledge can make all the difference.
The latest Classic Cuts is another compilation that enhances that knowledge and has allowed me to provide the perfect soundtrack to complement my clients’ special day. Classic Cuts 168 – Acoustic Hits features 30 tracks with each one being a stripped-back version, often with only vocal & one or two instruments featured. The result is a unique version of a familiar track that can be programmed to create the perfect set at the desired time.
Acoustic Chart Hits
The album features acoustic versions of recent chart hits including:
- Shape Of You (Acoustic Version) – Ed Sheeran
- Came Here For Love (Acoustic Version) – Sigala feat. Ella Eyre
- Dancing On My Own (Acoustic Version) – Calum Scott
- Mama (Acoustic Version) – Jonas Blue
- All I Am (Acoustic Version) – Jess Glynne
Acoustic Retro Hits
plus a selection of retro tracks:
- Alive & Kicking (Acoustic Version) – Simple Minds
- Time After Time(Acoustic Version) – Cyndi Lauper feat. Sarah McLachlan
- Eternal Flame (Acoustic Version) – Bangles
- Angels (Acoustic Version) – Robbie Williams
- You Might Need Somebody (Acoustic Version) – Shola Ama
and a few acoustic cover versions that work really well:
- Womanizer (Acoustic Version) – Lily Allen
- Umbrella (Acoustic Version) – Manic Street Preachers
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) (Acoustic Version) – John Legend
These tracks can be used to create the desired atmosphere for key parts of any event. If it’s a wedding then these tracks work perfectly for Guest Arrival, Cocktails & Dinner. They are wonderful versions to use to create a relaxed vibe for clients as they enjoy a glass of champagne in the sunshine whilst chatting with other guests or catching up with friends who they haven’t seen in a while.
It’s down to each DJ to use this type of track in the best way for each event they perform at. I take care not to over-play them, unless requested to do so by my clients, and like to programme a selection of acoustic tracks to work alongside other mood-setting songs taken from other Classic Cuts albums including Classic Cuts 166 – Elegant Dining & Classic Cuts 167 – After Dark.
There are a few mixes that also complement acoustic tracks perfectly:
and a mention for Classic Cuts 162 – Modern Love that also features a selection of other acoustic tracks including:
- Everlong (Acoustic Version) – Foo Fighters
- Lullaby (Acoustic Version) – Sigala feat. Paloma Faith
- Let Her Go (Acoustic Version) – Passenger
- Friends (Acoustic Version) – Marshmello & Anne-Marie
- Magnetised (Acoustic Version) – Tom Odell
By taking the time to add Classic Cuts to my music library, and researching & developing my music knowledge, I can create and offer exclusive music concepts to my clients who are looking for that uniqueness but may not know just how important music selections can be in helping to make that happen. Imagine the delight on a client’s face when you discuss the music they want playing for their main party set and suggest playing a selection of acoustic versions of the same tracks earlier in the day to set the tone for later.
In my experience that has been incredibly well-received with many clients having no idea that these versions existed and gladly paying that little extra for that attention to detail that makes their event stand out from the rest.
For more Mobile DJ’s Guides please check out: